We understand that there are times in life where you just need a helping hand. In fact, many people are doing very well in some parts of their life while struggling in others. Now might be the time when you need someone to come alongside and encourage you from the Bible.
We see people with all kinds of problems, but the most common would be those struggling in their marriage, helping parents with their children, those dealing with sexual sin, and those struggling with their emotions (e.g. depression or anger). In all cases, we use the Bible, God’s Sufficient Word, to answer the problems of life.
There is Hope
REAL PROBLEMS REQUIRE REAL SOLUTIONS
We believe that God has given us all we need to know Him and to live in a way that is pleasing to Him. All our difficulties may not evaporate. However, when a person willingly submits to God’s instructions and clings to his promises there is hope and help.There are answers for dealing with whatever you might be facing. In fact, many of our counselees see significant progress in a few months.
Lifpoint Baptist Church provides the facilities and the counselors offer the counseling free of charge. However, out of respect for our staff we require a $25 deposit which is forfeited for last minute cancellations. If a counselee leaves counseling or graduates from counseling without a cancellation the deposit is returned.
What can you expect from Lifepoint Counseling Ministry?
- Privacy. Everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity).
- Care. Our staff will care for you and treat you with respect.
- Encouragement toward Christ-likeness. Our staff will encourage you in your successes and exhort you to think and behave in a way that pleases Jesus Christ.
What does Lifepoint Counseling Ministry expect from you?
- Be honest. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to help you if you are not honest with us.
- Do weekly homework assignments that will encourage lasting change.
- Give us a little time. Habits are not developed overnight, and new habits will take time to develop. In most cases, we ask individuals to commit to regular counseling appointments for a period of 3 to 4 months.
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ
We are commanded to speak the truth in love. The outcome of serving others in the truth of God’s Word is that both the counselor and the counselee grow in Christlikeness. This is a personal passion I have in ministry, to speak the truth of God’s transforming grace into the lives of others and watch God at work!
What a joy!
Complete and Email to Jay@lifepointbc.org
If you would like to schedule and appointment or have general questions please let us know.
Thank you for contacting us